Are you looking for the best dog food for your furry friend?
The shelves of your favorite superstore may be full of different dog foods and it can be hard to make the right choice as each food advertises to be the best of them all. So, buying the right kibble for your dog takes a lot of research.
Taste of the Wild is a premium dog food company dedicated to give your dog nothing but the best.
In this blog post, we will go review the Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula and help you decide whether or not it is the right choice for you and your furry friend.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., which is a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri.
The Schell and Kampeter family manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild made its debut in the market in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the market demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn.
The Diamond Pet Foods company is headquartered in Meta, Missouri and was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter who has at that time bought Milling Meta Co. which was a company that produced dog food as well as livestock feed.
The distribution of the company was limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed.
Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County California in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina in 2002.
You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula Review
The Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula range is one of the best that is out there. It comes in the following variants:
- With Roasted Fowl
- With Fowl in Gravy
In this section of the blog, we will go through each of these products to determine which is the right choice for your dog.
Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula With Roasted Fowl
The Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula with Roasted Fowl is one of the best that’s out there. This dog food contains 32% protein which is excellent and he kibble is packed with highly digestible meats such as quail, turkey, and duck.
The food is excellent to taste and provides a balanced nutrition to picky eaters.
This kibble contains the following:
- Roasted Quail, Roasted Duck & Smoked Turkey – The three meats are a highly digestible source of protein and feature a taste that your furry friend just can’t refuse
- Species-Specific Probiotics – The kibble contains Taste of the Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics which are specifically developed for dogs. They are added right after cooking to ensure their viability and each pound of the kibble contains 80 million live, active cultures which support your dog’s digestive as well as system
- Protein Blend for Optimal Nutrition – The protein is sourced from multiple ingredients in this dog food which ensures that your dog gets an adequate amount of it for a healthy body
- Ideal For Adult Dogs – This kibble is designed to meet all the nutritional needs of healthy adult dogs and help him maintain his good health as well as a sleek physique
- Dried Chicory Root – This is an excellent source of prebiotic fiber which provides fuel to the beneficial probiotic bacteria that live in your furry friends’ digestive system
- Antioxidants – The fruits, vegetables, and legumes contained in this kibble such as raspberries, blueberries, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and peas provide your dog with the much-needed nutrients and guaranteed levels of selenium, vitamin E, and zinc which supports the dog’s immune system
This dog food contains the following macronutrients:
- 32% protein which is above-average
- 18% fat which is average
- 50% carbohydrates which is average
All in all, the Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula with Roasted Fowl is a good pick for adult dogs that need a large amount of protein to maintain their physique and have energy to stay active throughout the day.
Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula With Fowl in Gravy
Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula with Fowl in Gravy is one of the best wet dog food products available to buy. This dog food satisfies the needs of the pickiest of eaters and provides your dog with a complete and balanced meal.
It will meet all your dog’s nutritional needs on its own and doesn’t need to be supplemented.
The dog food contains quail, duck, and turkey which are an excellent blend of fowl and provide your dog with much-needed amino acids.
The dog food is excellent for your furry friend if he is a picky eater who loves the taste fowl. It provides your dog the energy to play and work throughout the day and nourishes his body from the inside out.
To sum up, the Taste of the Wild, Wetlands Canine Formula is an excellent dog food range and it comes in two variants:
- With Roasted Fowl which is high in protein and helps maintain your dog’s muscular physique while tasting amazing
- With Fowl in Gravy which is a good choice for older dogs and picky eaters
At the end of the day, there are a lot of excellent pet food companies our there to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article where we try to “narrow” down some of your options for you.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is, if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types that we discuss so that you can make sure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you still have questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to