Are you looking for the best dog food for your puppy?
Puppies need more calories than adult dogs do as they’re in their growing stage. They also need high-quality ingredients, nutrients, and just the right amount. There are a lot of puppy formulas available on the market. While some are amazing, others may not be.
So, how do you find the right pick for your tiny friend?
In this blog post, I’ll review the Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon in detail and help you determine whether it’s the right choice for your pup. Remember to consult your vet before changing your pup’s diet.
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri. The Schell and Kampeter families manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild debuted in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn. The company’s distribution was initially limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri, and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed.
Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County, California, in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina, in 2002. You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon Review
The Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon is an egg-free dry dog food with fish as its primary source of protein. The dog food has unique flavors of vegetables, legumes, smoked Salmon, and fruits in a small kibble size, which makes the food more accessible for the puppies to eat.
This dog food provides complete and balanced nutrition for growing pups and ensures the dog’s overall vitality. The kibble also contains guaranteed levels of DHA, making it a good pick for pregnant and nursing mothers and other adult dogs.
The dog food contains the following:
- Sustainably Sourced Salmon – Salmon is the number one ingredient in this dog food, and it provides the puppy with high-quality protein and omega fatty acids that ensure healthy skin and coat. The Salmon is sourced is wild-caught as well as farmed.
- Species-Specific Probiotics – The kibble contains Taste of Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics, specifically developed for dogs and added after cooking to ensure they’re viable. Each pound of dog food contains 80 million live, active cultures that help support the dog’s immune and digestive system
- Small Kibble Size – The kibble features a small size, which is easier for small mouths to chew. It also has a crunchy texture, which helps keep your pup’s teeth clean
- DHA – Abundant in Salmon oil, this omega-3 fatty acid enables to support the dog’s vision and brain and also allows the pregnant and nursing mother
- Egg-Free – This dog food doesn’t contain any egg products or eggs, which is more than suitable for dogs with egg sensitivities
- Antioxidants – Fruits, vegetables, and legumes included in this dog food help support your dog’s overall well-being by providing your furry friend with the much-needed micronutrients as well as antioxidants
The dog food contains the following macros:
- 27% protein, which is below average
- 15% fat, which is below average
- 58% carbohydrates, which is above average
All in all, this dog food is average regarding the quality of ingredients used to make it and the macro nutritional breakdown.
What We Like About This Dog Food
The Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon is an excellent puppy food that meets growing dogs’ nutritional needs. The dog food is a good choice for pups that are sensitive to eggs and have Salmon as their primary source of protein.
Puppy food contains high levels of DHA, which is essential for growing puppies as it helps with brain development. It is also a good choice for pregnant and nursing mothers.
All in all, the Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon is an excellent puppy food and provides your tiny furry friend with complete and balanced nutrition. This dog food is also rich in DHA, making it a good choice for pregnant and nursing mothers.
There are a lot of excellent pet food companies to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article, where we try to “narrow” down some of your options.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is; if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types we discuss to ensure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you still have any questions or concerns? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.