Are you looking for the ideal dog food for your furry friend?
Taste of Wild is a premium dog food brand that has been on the market. This brand is a subsidiary of Diamond Pet Foods and aims to meet all your pet’s nutritional needs without using any filler nutrients.
But is this dog food the right choice for your faithful companion?
In this blog post, I will review the Taste of the Wild Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes to help you determine whether it is the right choice for your dog. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri. The Schell and Kampeter families manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild debuted in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn. The company’s distribution was initially limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri, and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed.
Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County, California, in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina, in 2002. You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes Review
The Taste of the Wild, Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes contains Venison, a highly digestible protein source. The kibble provides your dog with loads of energy while ensuring that he enjoys the taste that comes with it.
The dog food contains probiotics and prebiotic fiber, which helps support healthy digestion. It also contains omega fatty acids, fruits, legumes, and protein, making it a well-balanced and nutrient-rich diet for dogs.
This dog food contains the following:
- Pasture-Raised Venison – The number one ingredient in this formula is Venison, which is rich in nutrients and is high in energy. This is a highly digestible source of protein as well.
- Species-Specific Probiotics – The kibble contains Taste of the Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics, specially developed for dogs and added right after cooking to ensure they’re viable. Each pound of this kibble contains 80 million live and active cultures, which help support your dog’s immune and digestive systems
- Legumes – This kibble contains peas, garbanzo beans, lentils, and fava beans, which are nutrient-dense and excellent sources of fiber, carbohydrates, and protein
- DHA – The dog food is rich in salmon oil, which is an excellent source of DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid that helps support vision and brain development in puppies and is an essential addition for all life stages
- Dried Chicory Root – This provides an excellent source of fiber and works as fuel for the beneficial probiotic bacteria in your dog’s digestive system
- Antioxidants – These are present in ingredients such as fruits and legumes, and they help nourish your dog’s body as well as support your doggy friend’s immune system as well as his overall well-being
This dog food contains the following macronutrients:
- 28% protein, which is below average
- 15% fat, which is below average
- 57% carbohydrates, which is above average
This dog food is good for active adult dogs who love swimming, hunting, etc. This comes out to be an above-average dry dog food product compared to all the dog foods available on the market.
What We Like About This Dog Food
The good thing about the Taste of Wild Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes is that it provides your dog with a complete and balanced meal. The kibble has an excellent flavor that dogs can’t get enough of.
Dog food also supports your furry friend’s digestive and immune system because it contains healthy probiotics, antioxidants, DHA, and more to ensure your dog is healthy inside out.
Taste of the Wild, Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes is one of the best dog foods on the market. It is an excellent choice for active adult dogs that need energy to play throughout the day and provides them with all essential nutrients.
There are a lot of excellent pet food companies out there to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article, where we try to “narrow” down some of your options.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is; if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types we discuss to ensure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you have any questions or concerns? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.