Are you looking for a food that caters to your dog’s nutritional needs?
Hundreds of dog foods are available on the market, and each claims to be the best available. However, it would be best if you researched to ensure that the food you buy for your furry friend is the right choice for him. Taste of the Wild is a premium dog food company that makes tasty and nutritious dog foods.
In this blog post, we will review the Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Canine Formula in detail to help you determine whether it is the right choice for your furry friend. So, let’s begin, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri. The Schell and Kampeter families manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild debuted in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn. The Diamond Pet Foods company is headquartered in Meta, Missouri, and was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter, who had bought Milling Meta Co. This company produced dog food and livestock feed.
The company’s distribution was limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri, and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed. Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County, California, in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina, in 2002.
You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula Review
The Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula, is an excellent dog food. It comes in the following varieties:
- With Wild Boar
- With Beef in Gravy
In this blog section, we will review each of these in detail to help you make the best choice for your furry friend.
Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula With Wild Boar
The Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula with Wild Boar, is one of the best dry dog food products on the market. This dog food has a unique taste, making it a good choice for picky eaters.
The kibble contains nutrient-rich fruits and legumes such as raspberries, blueberries, peas, and garbanzo beans, which are rich in antioxidants.
This dog food contains the following:
- Unique Protein Blend – The kibble contains lamb, beef, eggs, protein, and wild boar, which are rich in protein and have a tasty and meaty flavor that dogs love
- Species-Specific Probiotics – This kibble contains Taste of the Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics, specifically developed for dogs. These are added right after the cooking process to ensure that they remain viable. Each pound of this dog food contains 80 million live, active cultures that support a healthy immune and digestive system.
- DHA – This dog food is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, provided by salmon oil. DHA helps in support your dog’s vision and brain, which makes it essential for all life stages—especially puppies, pregnant, and nursing mothers
- Garbanzo Beans – This ingredient is rich in minerals, protein, and fiber, which makes it an excellent addition to this grain-free formula.
- Dried Chicory Root – This is an excellent source of prebiotic fiber, and it provides the beneficial probiotic bacteria in your dog’s digestive system with fuel and promotes their growth
- Antioxidants – Fruits, vegetables, and legumes in this dog food, such as blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, and peas, provide your dog with much-needed micronutrients and are rich in antioxidants that help support your dog’s immune system.
Let’s take a look at the macros, shall we?
This kibble contains the following:
- 29% protein, which is an average
- 15% fat, which is the average
- 56% carbohydrates, which is average
The Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Canine Formula with Wild Boar is one of the best dog foods available to buy on the market. This kibble contains just the right amount of macros that meet a dog’s nutritional needs while featuring a fantastic taste.
Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula With Beef in Gravy
The Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula With Beef in Gravy, is one of the best wet food products you can buy. This dog food is a good choice for picky eaters and provides your dog with a complete and balanced meal, which means you can feed it to your dog on its own as well!
This wet food product is made from Wild Boar and Beef and has a taste and texture. It contains peas, which are an excellent source of digestible energy.
This dog food is an excellent choice for picky eaters and senior dogs. You can feed it with your dog’s regular kibble as an occasional treat.
The Taste of the Wild, Southwest Canyon Canine Formula, is one of the best dog foods on the market. It comes in the following variants:
- Wild Boar, which is excellent for dogs of all ages and provides complete nutrition to your dog
- Beef in Gravy is a good pick for picky eaters and senior dogs that have problems chewing kibble
There are a lot of excellent pet food companies to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article, where we try to “narrow” down some of your options.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is; if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types we discuss to ensure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you still have questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.