Are you looking for the perfect dog food for your furry friend?
Taste of the Wild is one of the best dog food brands available to buy on the market. They make premium dog food for your furry buddy to meet all his nutritional needs and help keep him healthy, happy, and active.
However, is this dog food the best one for your dog?
In this blog post, I will review the Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula in detail to help you figure out whether or not it’s the right one for your dog. Let’s get started, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., which is a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri. The Schell and Kampeter family manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild made its debut in the market in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the market demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn. The Diamond Pet Foods company is headquartered in Meta, Missouri and was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter who has at that time bought Milling Meta Co. which was a company that produced dog food as well as livestock feed.
The distribution of the company was limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed. Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County California in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina in 2002.
You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula Review
The Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula is one of the best dog foods available on the market. It comes in two variants:
- With Lamb in Gravy which provides your dog with complete nutrition
- With Roasted lamb which gives your dog the energy to work and play throughout the day
In this section of the blog, we will take a close look at each of these
Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula With Roasted Lamb
The Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula with Roasted Lamb is one of the best dry dog foods available to buy on the market. It contains roasted lamb and egg which dogs love the taste of. The food provides your dog with overall vitality and an features an excellent taste that dogs crave.
This grain-free formula is highly digestible and is a good pick for dogs that have grain sensitivities, intolerances, and allergies.
The dog food contains the following:
- Pasture-Raised Lamb – The number one ingredient in this dog food is pasture-raised lamb which is rich in nutrients and provides your dog with energy. This is a highly digestible source of protein.
- Species-Specific Probiotics – The kibble contains Taste of the Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics which are specifically developed to cater to a dog’s needs. They are added right after cooking to ensure viability and each pound of the dog food contains 80 million live and active cultures which help support a healthy immune and digestive system
- DHA – This kibble contains DHA which comes from Salmon oil and helps support your dog’s brain and vision. This is an essential ingredient for puppies and is vital for all life stages as well
- Omega Fatty Acid Blend – This dog food has an optimal level of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which work together to help promote a shiny coat and healthy skin
- Dried Chicory Root – This ingredient is an excellent source of prebiotic fiber and is essential for the beneficial probiotic bacteria present in your dog’s digestive system
- Antioxidants are contained in the legumes, fruits, and vegetables used in dog food. These ingredients also provide your dog’s body with all essential nutrients such as selenium, vitamin E, and zinc and ensure that your furry friend has a healthy immune system
This dog food contains the following macronutrients:
- 25% protein, which is below-average
- 15% fat, which is below average
- 60% carbohydrates, which is above average
The Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Canine Formula with Roasted Lamb is one of the best foods for active working dogs that need energy throughout the day. This kibble ensures that your dog gets everything he needs from his food and provides a balanced meal.
Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula With Lamb in Gravy
The Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain Canine Formula with Lamb in Gravy, is one of the best-wet dog foods available. This dog food satisfies the nutritional needs of all dogs and tastes fantastic while doing so.
The kibble provides your dog with a complete and balanced meal; you can give it to your dog as his sole diet. This dog food is made with lamb, suitable for dogs sensitive to chicken and is a tasty meat. Dog food contains highly digestible sources of energy, such as peas and sweet potatoes, which are yummy at the same time.
The Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Canine Formula is among the best dog foods. This comes in two variants:
- With Lamb in Gravy, which provides your dog with complete nutrition while tasting amazing
- Roasted Lamb is an excellent choice for highly active dogs that need energy throughout the day
There are a lot of excellent pet food companies out there to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article, where we try to “narrow” down some of your options.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is; if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types we discuss to ensure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you still have questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.