Looking for the best kibble for your furry friend?
The number of dog food brands on the market keeps on increasing with each claiming to be the best of them all. In all this, it can be tough for you to find the right choice for your furry friend.
Finding the perfect dog food for your furry companion needs a lot of time and research.
That’s why here at Indulge Your Pet, we are dedicated to helping you make the right choice by guiding you and helping you make sense of the marketing jargon.
In this blog post, we will review the Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula and help you determine whether or not it is the right choice for your doggy friend.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., which is a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri.
The Schell and Kampeter family manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild made its debut in the market in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the market demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn.
The Diamond Pet Foods company is headquartered in Meta, Missouri and was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter who has at that time bought Milling Meta Co. which was a company that produced dog food as well as livestock feed.
The distribution of the company was limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed.
Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County California in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina in 2002.
You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula (with Venison and Garbanzo Beans) Review
The Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula is an excellent choice for smaller dogs as it contains highly digestible venison and features a small kibble size which makes it easy on a small dog’s teeth and tummy.
Following are the ingredients that this kibble contains:
- Pasture-Raised Venison – Venison is the number one ingredient used in this dog food and is known to be rich in nutrients and energy. It is also a highly digestible source of protein which is excellent for dogs
- Species-Specific Probiotics – This dog food contains Taste of the Wild proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics which are specifically developed for dogs and are added after the food is cooked to ensure their viability. These probiotics ensure that your pet has a healthy immune and digestive system.
- Every pound of this dog food from Taste of Wild contains 80 million live and active cultures which help support your dog’s immune and digestive system.
- Digestive Support – This dog food contains garbanzo beans which help promote your dog’s digestive health. The prebiotic fiber contained in dried chicory root also provides fuel for the beneficial or good probiotic bacteria in your dog’s digestive system
- Garbanzo Beans – These beans are rich in minerals, protein, and fiber and they add a variety of nutrients to this grain-free dry dog food formula
- Antioxidants – This dog food contains peas, lentils, fruits, legumes, tomatoes, raspberries, and blueberries which provide nutrients that help support your furry friend’s overall well-being. Levels of selenium, zinc, and vitamin E help support your dog’s immune system.
This kibble is ideal for small dog breeds as it is rich in fat and proteins. The formula provides an active small breed adult dog with just the right nutrition and has a small kibble size which is easier for their small mouths to chew.
The Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula contains:
- 32% of protein which is above-average
- 18% of fat which is average
- 08% of carbohydrates which is below-average
When looking at the macronutrients contained in this dog food, it comes out to be an above-average one.
What We Like About Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula
The Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula is one of the best dog foods available for smaller dog breeds. However, it isn’t just suitable for small breed dogs and you can give it to your large dog as well.
The formula is designed to meet the nutritional needs of an adult dog and contains only premium ingredients. This dog food doesn’t have any filler ingredients like corn, soy, or wheat.
It contains added vitamins and minerals to ensure your furry friend has a healthy system.
While this dog food is an excellent choice for all breeds, you need to keep in mind to consult your vet before making any change to your furry friends’ diet. After all, you don’t want your dog to get sick, right?
All in all, the Taste of the Wild, Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula is one of the best choices when it comes to premium dog foods made from high-quality ingredients.
At the end of the day, there are a lot of excellent pet food companies our there to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article where we try to “narrow” down some of your options for you.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is, if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types that we discuss so that you can make sure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you have any questions or concerns? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.