Are you looking for a good, simple, and easily digestible limited-ingredient diet for your dog?
Taste of the Wild is a premium dog food company that works to meet your dog’s nutritional requirements without using any filler or low-grade ingredients. The company ensures that your pet gets nothing but the best. But is this dog food the right choice for your faithful companion? In this blog post, we will review the Taste of the Wild, Prey Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula to help you figure that out.
Let’s begin, shall we?
Brief Company History: Taste of Wild
The food sold under the Taste of the Wild brand is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are a U.S.-based pet food manufacturer and have their plants located in Lathrop, California, Gaston, South Carolina, and Meta, Missouri. The Schell and Kampeter families manage the family-owned and privately-held enterprise to this date.
Taste of the Wild debuted in 2007 and is a relatively new pet food brand. The brand strives to meet the demand for premium grain-free and “natural” dog foods and doesn’t use filler ingredients such as rice, soy, and corn. The Diamond Pet Foods company is headquartered in Meta, Missouri, and was founded in 1970 by brothers-in-law Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter, who had at that time bought Milling Meta Co., a company that produced dog food and livestock feed.
The company’s distribution was limited to within 100 miles of Meta, Missouri, and 95 percent of the company’s production was livestock feed. Soon, Diamond expanded its manufacturing units to include plants in San Joaquin County, California, in 1999 and Gaston, South Carolina, in 2002.
You can read more about this dog food company here.
Taste of the Wild, Prey Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula Review
The Taste of the Wild, Prey Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula, is among the best dog foods. This kibble mimics the simple diet of the native canine, which included mainly the prey they hunted. So, limited-ingredient diets rich in meats are more accessible for dogs to digest and are the perfect fit for dogs that have experienced sensitivities to certain ingredients.
This dog food contains cage-free turkey, which is good for your dog’s stomach and is excellent to taste, sunflower oil, tomato pomace, and lentils. All the ingredients provide the dogwithh essential nutrients, omega fatty acids, and DHA. The species-specific probiotics in this kibble help support your dog’s digestion while ensuring that your dog gets everything he needs from the food.
The kibble contains the following:
- Turkey — Cage-free Turkey is the number one ingredient in this dog food. The kibble has no rendered meats or by-products that are not rich in nutrients and are unfit for human consumption.
- Lentils are a superfood packed with fiber, protein, essential nutrients, and complex carbohydrates. They are easy to digest for your dog as well.
- Tomato Pomace — This is an excellent source of soluble fiber and antioxidants.
- Sunflower oil — This healthy source of fat is also rich in omega fatty acids
- DHA – This dog food is rich in omega-3 fatty acids from salmon oil. DHA helps in support your dog’s vision and brain, which makes it essential for all life stages—especially puppies, pregnant, and nursing mothers
- Species-Specific Probiotics – This kibble contains Taste of the Wild’s proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics specifically developed for dogs. These are added right after the cooking process to ensure that they remain viable. Each pound of this dog food contains 80 million live, active cultures that support a healthy immune and digestive system.
Let’s look at the macros, shall we?
Following is the macro nutritional breakdown:
- 30% protein, which is an average
- 15% fat, which is the average
- 55% carbohydrates, which is average
Overall, the Taste of the Wild, Prey Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula is one of the best choices for dogs with sensitive stomachs who need the energy to work and play throughout the day. This is best suited for adult dogs.
Taste of the Wild, Prey Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula is one of the best dog foods to buy if your dog has a sensitive stomach. This four-ingredient diet is rich in nutrients and meets all of your dog’s requirements and then some more!
There are a lot of excellent pet food companies to choose from. This is why you should check out our Top 10 Best Dog Food article, where we try to “narrow” down some of your options.
But you need to remember….
It doesn’t matter how “great” the dog food is; if your dog doesn’t like it, he “ain’t” going to eat it. This is why we always recommend that you first purchase a small back of the different types we discuss to ensure your dog (whose opinion matters the most) is happy and satisfied.
Do you still have questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back toyouo