Are you looking for the best pet insurance company for your furry friend?
There are a lot of different pet insurance companies to choose from, and you have to find one that meets all of your and your pet’s needs and fits your budget simultaneously. It takes a lot of research to find a good pet insurance company.
In this blog post, we will review Figo pet insurance and help you determine whether or not it is the right choice for you. We will go through each policy in detail and share the user reviews.
Let’s begin, shall we?
What Does Figo Pet Insurance Offer?
Figo health insurance has plans that relieve financial stress when choosing veterinary care for your furry friend. The company covers unexpected injuries and illnesses for dogs as well as cats. The company allows you to visit any emergency hospital, licensed veterinary practice, or hospital.
The company reimburses you up to 100% of the actual vet bills paid and unlimited coverage, and there are no limits on the claim payouts. The company offers flexible and customizable plans for reimbursement percentages and annual deductibles.
How it Works
You purchase a plan that suits all of your needs, and when your pet gets ill or injured, you can provide him with the best possible veterinary care without worrying about finances. You have to submit the bills to Figo then, and the company will pay you electronically via direct deposit.
Making Pet Insurance Simple
In this blog post section, we will go through a few things that Figo pet insurance covers. Let’s take a look.
Veterinary Exam Fees
Figo Pet Insurance covers all the veterinary exam fees, but this is optional for those who would rather pay for it out of pocket. Some carriers don’t pay your vet exam fees for a covered illness or injury. That isn’t the case with Figo Pet Insurance.
Figo excludes all pre-existing conditions, as most other pet insurance companies do. A pre-existing condition is one that first occurs or shows clinical signs before the pet insurance coverage starts—this also includes waiting periods.
Copay and Reimbursement
These things confuse most pet owners when choosing an insurance policy. To clarify, the copay amount is one that you pay, while the reimbursement is the amount that the pet insurance company—which is Figo Pet Insurance, in this case—pays.
You can choose from different reimbursements, such as 70%, 80%, 90%, and even 100%.
With some pet insurance companies, you must pay a deductible for each new illness or injury, called ‘per condition.’’ Figo Pet Insurance does not follow this concept.
With Figo, the deductibles you are charged are for the entire year of your coverage. This means that you’re done once you meet your deductible!
This varies between companies. Figo Pet Insurance has a standard 14-day waiting period for illnesses and a 5-day waiting period for accidents. The waiting period begins the day after your pet is enrolled or the date you select as your ‘effective date.’
Things Figo Insurance Covers
Knowing all the conditions a pet insurance company covers is essential before investing in one of their policies.
Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Veterinary Exam Fee (optional) – Figo Pet Insurance covers the veterinary exam fee for covered treatments.
- Emergency and Hospitalization – The company covers all emergency and hospital care
- Surgery – The company covers all forms of surgery needed to treat your pet as long as it is related to a covered injury or illness
- Hereditary and Congenital Conditions – The company covers hereditary or congenital conditions as long as they are not considered to be a pre-existing condition
- Prescription Medications – The company covers the prescriptions a licensed veterinarian prescribes for treating a covered illness or injury.
- Cancer Treatments – The company covers the most advanced and cutting-edge treatments for cancer, such as CyberKnife™ Radiosurgery.
- Specialty Care – Specialty clinics and hospitals are required for advanced surgeries or treatments your primary veterinarian cannot perform.
- Chronic Conditions – Any chronic condition is covered for the life of your pet as long as you maintain continuous coverage with Figo. Some common chronic diseases include allergies, diabetes, obesity, cancer, dry eyes, and asthma.
- X-rays, MRIs, CAT scans, Ultrasounds, and blood Work – Diagnostic testing considered medically necessary by a licensed veterinarian to help diagnose or treat your pet for an illness or injury is covered under our policy.
- Ligament and Knee Conditions Such as Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Conditions – While the company’s policy has a six-month waiting period on this coverage, the waiting period is waived if your veterinarian certifies your pet’s knees are healthy
- Hip Dysplasia – Figo fully covers it as long as it is not deemed pre-existing.
- Rehabilitation – Figo covers rehabilitation treatments performed by a licensed veterinarian for the treatment of a covered illness or injury
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Devices – Figo covers orthotics, prosthetics, and carts under all plans as part of a treatment plan for a covered illness or injury. We proudly provide a benefit that helps disabled pets live happy, everyday lives.
- Physical Therapy – Figo covers physical therapy when it is related to a covered illness or injury
- Holistic and Alternative Therapies (Homeopathic, Acupuncture, and Chiropractic) – The company also covers holistic and alternative therapies.
- Stem Cell Therapy – Figo covers stem cell therapy if a licensed veterinarian provides it
- Non-Routine Dental Treatments – Figo also covers dental treatment if it is part of a treatment plan for a covered accident or illness.
- Costs of Euthanasia – The company will cover the cost of euthanasia as long as it is deemed medically necessary
- Behavioral Therapy – Figo covers behavioral therapy. The maximum benefit we will pay for consultations by a veterinarian to diagnose and treat behavioral problems depends on the chosen policy.
- Boarding Kennel & Cattery Fees – Boarding Kennel & Cattery Fees coverage means that we will pay up to $250 for the boarding your pet at a licensed kennel or cattery if you are hospitalized for 96 hours or more due to sickness, disease, or bodily injury.
- Loss Due To Theft or Straying – If your pet is stolen or goes missing during the policy period and isn’t found within 30 days, the company will pay up to $250 for the price you paid for your pet
- Vacation Cancellation – The company offers Vacation Cancellation coverage as a benefit
- Mortality Benefit – The company will pay up to $1,000 if your pet dies or has to be euthanized by a vet during your policy period due to a covered illness or injury.
- Working Dogs – Figo insures Working Dog, but due to the higher risk of injury, there is a 10% increase in premium.
Final Words: Figo Pet Insurance Company Review
Figo Pet Insurance Company is one of the best pet insurance companies. The good thing about Figo is that all the policies are affordable and fair to pet owners. The company offers additional perks on top of its generous coverage, covers exam fees, and waivers off copays and deductibles for lifesaving care.
But it always…
It is essential to understand that while Figo is a great pet insurance company, they are just one of several that you will want to consider. For more information on who we feel currently offers the “best” pet insurance policies out there, we would encourage you to check out our Best Pet Insurance Policies article.
Do you have questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.