Are you looking to buy the best possible pet insurance policy?
There are various pet insurance companies available to choose from but not all of them have an excellent reputation, short turnaround time, and a full coverage. Often, people find themselves paying thousands of dollars in vet bills only to be denied a claim!
So, it is essential for you do your research before choosing the right policy for your furry friend.
In this blog post, we will review the Embrace Pet Insurance in detail and help you figure out whether or not it’s the right choice for your and your pet’s needs.
Let’s get started, shall we?
A Little About Embrace Pet insurance
Embrace pet insurance is one of the best pet insurance companies to choose from. This award-winning company is based in the US and it started as the first place project in the Wharton Business Plan Competition.
The company’s core values include putting the customer first, being open and honest, seeking innovation, giving back to the community and environment, taking personal responsibility, and being passionate.
This pet insurance company offers comprehensive coverage which also allows you to have options for personalization. You have the choice to decide your annual maximum, reimbursement percentage, and deductible amount.
The higher your annual maximum, the lower your deductible will be and the higher your percentage rate, the higher your monthly premiums will be.
You can choose a plan that suits your budget and go from there.
Fixed Coverage Which is Beyond Customizable Features
Let’s take a look at the fixed coverage, shall we?
- Your furry friend is required to have a veterinarian exam completed within the last 12 months before coverage will be instated
- There’s a two-week waiting period on claims for illnesses
- There’s a 48 hours to two weeks waiting period for accidents which depends upon on the state of residence
- The company has a six-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions
Pre-existing Conditions: Are They Covered?
Almost all pet insurance companies have different terms and conditions when it comes to what they consider as pre-existing. So, it is crucial to read the fine print or talk to the customer service agent for them to explain it to you.
After all, it’s better to know everything before-hand, right?
If your pet is covered by Embrace, the company covers all accidents, genetic disorders, illnesses as well as routine care.
For Embrace, anything which is diagnosed before your coverage begins, by your vet or not, is considered a pre-existing condition.
“A pre-existing condition is any injury, illness, or irregularity noticed by you or your veterinarian before the end of your waiting period, even if your pet never went to see the veterinarian for it. No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions.”
Embrace does cover something pre-existing if it is considered to be curable.
Respiratory infections, UTI, or diarrhea and vomiting are considered pre-existing if your dog has had them before the coverage begins, but they will generally reinstate coverage for this, at their discretion.
Pre-existing conditions: Examples
- Your cat had a bout of diarrhea from Giardia eight months prior to enrolling. Two months into the policy term, he has diarrhea again and your veterinarian does not know the cause except she has ruled out Giardia. The diarrhea would be covered.
- Your dog tore her right cruciate ligament before you bought your policy. She then tears the left cruciate ligament 2 years into the policy. The left cruciate tear is a pre-existing condition.
Embrace pet insurance is clear about the exclusions from day one. Like all pet insurance companies, Embrace has some exclusions which include the following:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Breeding, whelping, and pregnancy
- Injury caused deliberately by you or any other person or pet residing in your home
- Injury or illness resulting from fighting, racing, cruelty, or neglect
- Cosmetic procedures such as ear cropping, tail docking, and declawing (covered if medically necessary)
- DNA testing or cloning
- Organ transplants
- Stem cell therapy if not deemed medically necessary
- Avian Flu or Nuclear War
- Treatment for an illness related to the teeth and/or gums
Summing Up: Embrace Pet Insurance Review
Embrace Pet Insurance is one of the best pet insurance companies you can choose from. The company cover cats and dogs and provides a comprehensive insurance coverage for your furry friend.
The insurance covers breed-specific conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, cancer treatment, diagnostics and testing, among other things which conventional pet insurers don’t.
With Embrace, you are making a good investment towards your pet’s health and wellbeing.
But it always…
Important to understand that while Figo is a great pet insurance company, they are jsut one of several that you will want to consider. For more information on who we feel currently offers the “best” pet insurance policies out there, we would encourage you to check out our Best Pet Insurance Policies article.
Do you have any questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.